Broccoli is at its best in the spring. Broccoli is also good for you because it is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. If you are tired of cooking it in traditional ways, try this unusual and great tasting fresh broccoli salad recipe.
Fresh Broccoli Salad
A few words here
Enjoy fresh broccoli at it’s best in the spring. Recipe shared by: Jovina Coughlin of Jovina Cooks
For Broccoli Salad
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries, chopped
For Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon honey mustard
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Toast the almonds in a medium skillet over medium heat. Set aside in a covered container.
- Cook the broccoli for 2 minutes in a steamer or in the microwave. Drain.
- Place the broccoli, onion, and cranberries in a serving bowl. Set aside. In a 1-cup liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in dressing. Cover the bowl and marinate the salad overnight in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, add the almonds and toss well.
- Leftovers will keep well for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
This salad was a hit with my family, especially the one who often complains I’m “making him eat broccoli.” Ha ha. I used cashews and golden grapes, since that was what I had in my pantry, and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing this!
Thank you so much for letting me know you liked this recipe.