In the mood for a dessert but you don’t want a lot of calories or a very involved recipe? Biscotti is just the right dessert to make. Traditional biscotti recipes do not have a funny fat and they are easy to make.
Italian Almond Biscotti
A traditional biscotti recipe without butter.
Recipe shared by: Jovina Coughlin of Jovina Cooks
- 1 cup unpeeled sliced almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 370 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, almond extract, and eggs with a strong spoon until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sliced almonds. Add the egg mixture. When the mixture is mostly combined, continue to knead the dough with your hands.
- Divide batter in half and place on a board or counter. Using floured hands, form each half into a 14-inch log and place the logs on the prepared pan.
- Bake until loaves are golden and just beginning to crack on top, 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the temperature to 360 degrees F.
- Let logs cool on a baking sheet for 30 minutes. Transfer loaves to a cutting board.
- Using a serrated knife, slice each log on a slight bias into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay slices cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 30 minutes, flipping slices halfway through baking.
- Let cool completely before serving.