Looking for something sweet for breakfast? Give this easy to make quick Fresh Pear Bread a try. It is filled with fresh pears, walnuts, and lots of flavors.
Fresh Pear Bread
A quick and easy breakfast treat
Recipe shared by:Jovina Coughlin of Jovina Cooks
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely chopped ripe pears
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Optional Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two greased 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pans.with parchment paper and coat the paper with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla; mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture just until moistened.
- Toss the pears with lemon juice. Fold the pears and walnuts into the batter (batter will be thick).
- Spoon the batter equally into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store the bread in the refrigerator and freeze the second loaf for the future.
- For the glaze: Add lemon juice to the powdered sugar until a thin mixture forms. Drizzle the glaze evenly over the top of the two loaves.