Homemade ice cream is delicious and creamy. Making homemade ice cream is not difficult. Today’s ice cream machines are very easy to use and make ice cream in about 20 minutes. If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can make delicious ice cream without one. Both directions are included in this post.
A few words here
Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweeten condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Coffee Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Directions -- With Ice Cream Maker:
- If you want to make both flavors of ice cream, you will need to make them on separate days, so that the ice cream bowl can refreeze — unless you make one without a machine, then both flavors can be made on the same day.
- Cover the ice cream maker’s freezer bowl with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl until completely smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream maker. (Here is how mine works: turn on the Cuisinart® ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl (plastic wrap removed) and let the maker churn mixture until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place it in the freezer for about 2 hours.
Directions -- Without Ice Cream Maker:
If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can make ice cream with this recipe:
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk with the flavor ingredients in a large chilled bowl.
- In a separate chilled bowl, whip heavy cream on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.