Veggie Wedgy Burgers are quick, easy and healthy summer staple for barbecue season. Use a lettuce wedge or wrap for a healthier alternative to a bun! They also taste great when served with a mix of grilled, roasted or stir fried veggies. What ever you have on hand — zucchini, onions, tomatoes, red bell peppers, seasoned with garlic, onion, pepper and red peppers.
Veggie Wedge Burger
A quick and easy summer barbecue favorite and a great staple for your menu planning.
- 1 cup chickpeas, soaked over night or 1 can, drained
- 1/2 cup tri-color or plain quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 3 tablespoons water (as needed for consistency)
- Spices (spice to taste) cumin, paprika, garlic power, onion powder, black pepper, salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Place chickpeas, quinoa, and oil in the blender and mix until ground up. Add spices and mix again. Add water until the consistency is like raw hamburger.
- Add seasonings to almond flour from the spice ingredients above and spread on a plate.
- Form burgers and pat into spiced almond flour to coat.
- Cook in oven at 350 degrees(f), or on the grill on a piece of foil, or on stove top with a little cooking spray. They can even be cooked in an air fryer. The Veggie Wedgy Burgers cook quickly so keep an eye on them.