I remember my years living up north and the wonderful Asian restaurants we had in our area. Missing those dishes, I have been tinkering with recipes and sauces to create some of the tastes I remember. This recipe turned out with the taste I was looking for, especially with the combo of grilled meat and deliciously seasoned vegetables and noodles. These asian pork kababs with stir fry noodles is now a family favorite. Give it a try. It has great flavor.
Asian Pork Kebabs
- 1 (12-ounces) pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a glass dish. Add the pork and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- For indoor grilling: Heat a stovetop grill pan over high heat or preheat the broiler for high. Lower the heat under the grill pan or the broiler to medium and follow the directions for cooking on the outdoor grill.
- For outdoor grilling: Turn all grill burners to high, cover, and heat the grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Then, Leave the primary burner on high and turn off the other burners.
- When ready to grill, thread the pork onto metal skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Reserve the marinade in the dish. Spray both sides of the meat generously with vegetable oil spray.
- Place the skewers on the hot side of the grill and cook the pork until well charred, 3 minutes. Turn the skewers, brush with the reserved marinade mixture, and continue to grill until the second side is well charred and the meat registers 140 degrees F on an instant-read meat thermometer, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Transfer the pork to a platter, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest while the stir fry vegetables cook.
Stirfry Vegetables and Noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups Chinese fresh noodles, cooked and drained
- Stirfry Sauce recipe, see below
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets, cut into smaller florets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Heat the peanut oil in a large deep skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger followed by the broccoli.
- Stirfry until the broccoli florets are tender, 2-3 minutes. Add the shredded carrots and stir for a minute or two.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add noodles to the skillet. Stir in the stirfry sauce and water.
- Return the skillet to the heat, gently toss until the sauce thickens. Add the scallions. Stir.
- Pour onto a serving platter and top with the grilled pork to serve.
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Combine ingredients for the stirfry sauce in a small jar and shake to combine. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.