~ How Big a Pay Reform Wave?

On Friday, detailed compensation plans for the top 25 earners at seven companies — American International Group, Bank of America, Citigroup, Chrysler, Chrysler Financial, General Motors and GMAC — were delivered to the offices of Kenneth Feinberg, the Obama administration’s bailout bonus czar. Why? Because these companies received substantial government […]

~ For Whom The Economy Turns

The “U.S economy turning a corner” is the latest hopeful trumpeting from news reports and media outlets. George Soros proclaims that “the economy has actually bottomed”. And the most recent Wall Street Journal survey of top economists found that 57% believe the “recession is already over,” while another 23% believe that the […]

Dear Mr. President, I’d Like to Report a Fishy Drug Deal

Dear Mr. President: I read a post on the Whitehouse blog called “Facts Are Stubborn Things” that said: Scary chain emails and videos are starting to percolate on the internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to “uncover” the truth about the President’s health insurance reform positions. And that: There is a lot […]

~ Green Shoots or Grub Worms?

Being an avid gardener, I was heartened to hear earlier this year that so many economic landscape experts were predicting and hailing the advent of “green shoots” this spring. So I set out to patiently wait and watch for the first sign of those precious little sprouts of green. But […]

~ Another Toxic Legacy Adviser

Would it surprise you to learn there is another former Goldman Sachs employee and derivatives advocate that was nominated by President Obama and is now working his way through the nomination process? His name is Gary Gensler. If you haven’t heard of him, don’t be surprised. We are all learning more […]

~ A Shorter and Poorer B List

As in B, for Billionaires. In case you missed it, Forbes recently came out with its annual list of  The World’s Billionaires. And it is a shorter and poorer list. Apparently the “B List” were just as much victims of last year’s financial disaster as the rest of us. And […]