Below The Salt News

Honoring Creativity · Pondering Possibilities · Sharing Knowledge · Valuing Usefulness

Category

Community

Words: “Water …The Vital Humour Of This Arid Earth”

Leonardo Da Vinci was a keen observer and student of nature.  His notes on The Nature of Water, from The notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci , Translation by Edward MacCurdy (1955) are perceptive and eloquent: “Water is that which serves the vital… Continue Reading →

Grain-Free French Bread Worth Sharing

I think every one would agree the best time to eat bread is fresh from the oven. So I generally double this recipe for grain-free french bread.  The first loaf we slather with butter and enjoy as soon as it… Continue Reading →

Book Review: THE WIFE by Meg Wolitzer

I picked THE WIFE by Meg Wolitzer for our book club, as I thought it would be so much fun to have a corresponding “go to the movies night” to compare the novel with the new movie featuring Glenn Close…. Continue Reading →

The Easiest Recipe For Butternut Squash Soup

I am not a fan of peeling butternut squash but I do like the vegetable. So I have developed an easy to make butternut squash soup and you won’t miss all the work. The best part of all is that… Continue Reading →

Book Review: THE NATURE FIX by Florence Williams

I don’t review a great number of nonfiction on Goodreads, but to those who know me (and my penchant for fiction writing that includes sensory nature descriptions), it’s probably no surprise that THE NATURE FIX: WHY NATURE MAKES US HAPPIER,… Continue Reading →

Downed Power Line PSA — This Might Shock You

We never know what situations we are going to encounter in life.  So, just in case you find yourself around downed power lines that are live — this downed power line PSA from Puget Sound Energy shares some key information… Continue Reading →

This little book took me by surprise in a big way. A debut with a long list of well-deserved literary honors.

A Simple, But Luscious Four-Ingredient Lotion

Dry skin is the bane of winter. But January is the time to try new things. So… If you are tired of using skincare products with a long list of ingredients that you’ve never heard of and have no idea… Continue Reading →

Can We Ever Feel Too Valuable?

We all have an innate need to be valued in life — to feel we are valuable as individuals and as members of our community and to feel that our contributions are worthy and appreciated. But can we ever feel too valuable?

Tis The Season…

Tis the season — to share love and laughter among friends, family and furcritters…

Christmas Treats: Chocolate Truffles

The holidays mean we get to eat special foods reserved for this time of year. One of those special treats for my family is Chocolate Truffles.

A study of the migratory pollinators and the interdependence they have on one another… a warning regarding possible environmental peril.

Fall Favorite: Healthy To Die For Apple Pie

Tis the season to indulge oneself and what better way than with a healthy, easy, to die for apple pie.

The language is poetic and lyrical. Taylor Brown creates an incredible sense of place that transports the reader.

Beautiful And Cute But Still Voracious Predators

If something is beautiful or cute we tend to think of it as friendly, happy or, at the very least, benign.  But few things look and act that simply.

Jillian Cantor is a natural at her first dual-narrative novel… fascinating insight about a little-known resistance tool during WWII …

Words: “The World Of The Individual Person…”

Recently, Pew Research asked thousands of Americans where they find meaning in life.  Instead of presenting group responses, they highlighted the wonderful responses and stories from the world of the individual person.  It reminded me that: Everything of value and meaning… Continue Reading →

Make Zucchini Patties Or Zucchini Patty Pizza For Dinner

Zucchini is an amazing vegetable. It lends itself to so many delicious transformations. I am sure you are knowledgeable about traditional zucchini recipes, such as adding it to pasta or filling zucchini halves with a stuffing mixture or making zucchini… Continue Reading →

Location Isn’t Just A Place, It’s An Environment

The first, second, and third rule of real estate is — Location, Location, Location!  But location isn’t just a place.  And, it isn’t something static. Location is an entire environment… — A dynamic relationship that is constantly changing and evolving in an ebb… Continue Reading →

Plantain Fries — A Healthier Option

One of the things about becoming healthy is all the foods you must give up. I’ve had a love hate relationship with French fries my entire life. My taste buds love them and my hips hate them. Potatoes are something… Continue Reading →

© 2019 Below The Salt News — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑